The American Floor Surfacing Machine Company was founded on August 18, 1906 (incorporated 1912) by Aaron T. Spence in Toledo, Ohio. Its industry was floor machines and its headquarters were in Toledo, Ohio (1906-1971) and Bowling Green, Ohio (1971-1986). The company was acquired by the Scott & Fetzer Company in 1968. In 1984, it was sold to the McGraw-Edison Company and in 1985 was sold to the Clarke division of Cooper Industries. In 1986, Clarke, American-Lincoln and Delco were combined to form Clarke Industries, Inc. Today, American-Lincoln operates as a brand under Nilfisk, Inc.
- 515 South St. Clair Street, Toledo, OH. (1915-1923)
- American Floor Machine Company
- American-Lincoln Products, Inc.
- Lincoln-Schlueter Floor Machine Company (1957-1971)
American Floor Surfacing Machine Company (1903-1957)
American-Lincoln Corporation (1957-1968)
American-Lincoln (Division) (1968-1986)
- "American" Universal Floor Surfacing Machine