The General Fireproofing Company was founded on January 28, 1902 by Herbert E. White in Youngstown, Ohio. Its industry was building materials and business furniture and its headquarters remained in Youngstown, Ohio. The company declared bankruptcy in 1990 and dissolved in 1993.
In 1990, the Gallatin and Chicago plants were acquired by Tang Industries, Inc. and renamed GF Office Furniture, Ltd. The company was dissolved in 2008.
- General Fireproofing Company of Canada, Ltd. (Toronto, Ontario)
- GF Furniture Systems Inc.
- Chicago, Illinois
- Gallatin, Tennessee
- Youngstown, Ohio (1902-1990)
- General Fireproofing Company (1902-1973)
- GF Business Equipment, Inc. (1973-1983)
- GF Corporation (1983-1993)
- "Allsteel" Office Furniture
- Class "B" Underwriters' Model
- "Double Crimp" Wall Ties
- "GF" Duplex Steel Bridging
- "Herringbone" Trussed Bar
- "Boston" Sheet Steel Lath
- "Genfire" Expanded Metal Lath
- "Key" Expanded Metal Lath (Diamond Mesh)
- "National" Steel Corner Bead
- Square Lug Bar
- Tie Wire
- "Universal" Corner Bead