The Jacobsen Manufacturing Company was founded on December 12, 1917 by Knud F. Jacobsen in Racine, Wisconsin. Its industry is turf maintenance equipment and its headquarters were in Racine, Wisconsin (1917-2001), Charlotte, North Carolina (2001-2016) and Augusta, Georgia (2016-present).
The company was acquired by the Allegheny Ludlum Steel Corporation in 1969 and again by Textron, Inc. in 1978. In 1998, Jacobsen-Textron was merged with Ransomes PLC, a company recently acquired by Textron, to form Textron Turf Care & Specialty Products. Headquarters for the whole organization were located in Ipswich, England while the Americas division operated from Racine, Wisconsin. In 2000, E-Z-GO Textron was merged into the company, forming Textron Golf, Turf & Specialty Products.
- Johnston Lawn Mower Corporation (1940)
- Standard Manufacturing & Sales Company (1948)
- Worthington Mower Company (1945)
- Racine, Wisconsin (1917-2001)
- Thor Machine Works (1917-1921)
- Jacobsen Manufacturing Company (1921-1978)
- Jacobsen-Textron, Inc. (1978-1998)
- Textron Turf Care & Specialty Products America (1998-2000)
- Textron Golf, Turf & Specialty Products (2000-2002)
- Jacobsen Division (2002-present)
- "4-Acre" Power Lawn Mower
- "Jacobsen Lawn Queen" Power Mower