The Johns Manville Corporation was founded on December 17, 1901 by Henry W. Johns and Charles B. Manville in New York City, New York following a merger between the H. W. Johns Manufacturing Company and Manville Covering Company. Its industry is building materials and its headquarters were in New York City, New York (1901-1972) and Denver, Colorado (1972-present).
In 1982, the company filed for bankruptcy following asbestos injury claims, eventually emerging in 1988. The company was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway Inc. in 2001.
- Canadian Johns-Manville Company, Ltd. (Toronto, Ontario)
- Manville Forest Products Corporation (est. 1991)
- Manville Sales Corporation (est. 1991)
- Schuller International Group, Inc. (name changed 1992)
- Schuller Corporation (name changed 1995)
H. W. Johns-Manville Company (1901-1921)
Johns-Manville, Inc. (1921-1926)
Johns-Manville Corporation (1926-1981)
Manville Corporation (1981-1996)
Schuller Corporation (1996-1997)
Johns Manville Corporation (1997-present)
- Asbestos Roll Roofing
- J-M Rock Wool Home Insulation